Sell a Business in Pasadena
An experienced Sunbelt business broker can help you prepare to sell your business in Pasadena, guiding you from listing to closing. At Sunbelt, we represent buyers in both Middle Market (1-$50 million) and Main Street Markets (up to $1 million) to achieve maximum value and ensure a smooth transition.
If you’re contemplating the sale of your business, there are many aspects to consider, as this will be one of the most impactful decisions of your life. A Sunbelt of Pasadena broker will be invaluable to help you achieve your goals, maximize the value of your business, and guide your deal to the closing table.
How to Prepare for a Successful Transaction in PasadenaWhether you're preparing to sell a large enterprise or a small business, there are several factors to consider to ensure a successful sale.
Key Considerations When Listing Your Business for Sale
- Be Prepared: You put countless hours into building your business, so it would be a shame to lose value by not properly preparing for a sale.
- Know the Value: Understanding the value of your business is critical when determining a price point. There are several ways to determine what another party would be willing to pay for a business. Formal business valuations and brokers professional opinion of value are the most common.
- Confidentiality: Keeping the sale of your business confidential is very important. You don’t want customers, employees, vendors, and others knowing your business is for sale. Read more on how a Sunbelt Broker can help you safely and confidentially sell your business.
- Maximize the Number of Buyers: Sunbelt has the resources to develop customized marketing programs that reach a vast amount of potential buyers. Having a large, robust marketing footprint increases the likelihood of being recognized. More interest means more opportunities for better terms and higher selling prices. Sunbelt is one of the largest business brokerage franchises in the world. We receive millions of buyer inquiries a year and earn thousands of engagements.
- Maximize Selling Price: Having your business prepared and presented in the best possible light helps achieve the highest value in the marketplace. Having an experienced broker can positively affect your selling experience.
- Maximize Terms: Finding the right buyer and preparing your business for sale will maximize the best terms. It’s not just the sales price to consider but also understanding how much of the sale will be from cash, loans, earn-outs, and consulting agreements. Sunbelt also has tremendous lending contacts to help buyers secure financing to increase the odds of more cash or all cash at closing.
What Does the Transaction Process Consist of?Business owners love working with Sunbelt to sell their businesses because we offer complete support throughout the transaction process. Below is an overview of the typical sales process in Pasadena.
Draft the Confidential Business Review/Offering Memorandum
Negotiation of Price and Terms
Facilitate the Buyer's Due Diligence Process
Coordinate with the Exit Team