Sunbelt was founded by Ed Pendarvis in Charleston, South Carolina in 1978. Ed developed a highly successful business brokerage operation and began licensing business brokerage offices under the Sunbelt marks during the mid-1990’s. Sunbelt has enjoyed tremendous success as a franchise system and has expanded to become the world’s largest business brokerage operation.
Sunbelt was acquired in 2006 by Merrymeeting, Inc. With the backing and resources of Merrymeeting, Sunbelt has been able to maintain its leadership in the business brokerage industry by investing in professional education programs, developing leading-edge technology and systems, and leveraging our international office network to better serve our clients.
WHY MORE BUSINESS OWNERS CHOOSE SUNBELT
- Largest Main Street and Lower Middle Market business intermediary firm in the world
- More Certified Business Intermediaries (CBI) than any other firm
- More business-for-sale listings than all major competitors’ combined
- Thousands of registered business buyers looking for just the right business
- We wrote the book (Selling Your Business For Dummies) on how to sell your business