Sell a Business
Are you considering the sale of your Dayton or Cincinnati area business? While we have an extensive database of prequalified buyers, our goal is to help you find the right fit for your timing and finances.
If you are thinking of selling, you probably have many questions. The Sunbelt team uses their 50+ years of M&A experience to have the answers.
Middle Market & Main Street Advisory Services
Sunbelt uses a proven methodology to manage the process of selling their clients’ businesses. Our process is as follows:
We assist in developing an Exit Strategy Plan
- Assemble a team to understand an owner’s goals and objectives for a transaction – input from wealth managers and estate planners to determine what you need; tax specialists to provide options for limiting tax liability; an attorney with deep M&A transaction experience; the Sunbelt M&A specialist to provide market insights and tactical know how.
- Perform a “Transaction Readiness Assessment”.
- Value Driver Analysis – We will provide a critical assessment of your business operations, opportunities and challenges for prospective buyers.
- Business Valuation and Asset Appraisals – The starting point is to determine what is the true market value of the business.
- Value Gap Assessment – Assess any gap between the market value of the business and what an owner needs to clear at close.
Business Transformation Process
This consulting engagement is focused on closing any value gaps to increase value, marketability and transition readiness
- Increase the ease of transferability of the business
- Strategic planning
- Management/Leadership team development
- Sales transformation
- Process improvement
- Financial information pre-sale due diligence
Complete support for executing the sale of the business
- Draft the Confidential Business Review/Offering Memorandum
- Target development – We cast the widest net possible to ensure the maximum exposure of the opportunity to the market
- Confidential marketing
- Buyer screening
- Negotiation of price and terms – The goal for any transaction should be to maximize the seller’s after-tax sales proceeds.
- Facilitate the due diligence process – Prospective buyers will be given the opportunity to visit your facilities and conduct on-site due diligence
- Coordination with the exit team
- Manage transaction closing process – Sunbelt will work with the seller and buyer transaction teams (management, attorneys, CPA’s) to resolve any open issues and consummate the transaction in a timely fashion
Are you in the early stages of thinking about selling a business and would like to talk about the possibilities and the process? We have several no-cost ways to begin the discussion: